gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Many warnings removed for Windows port using gcc 3.2 - U

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Many warnings removed for Windows port using gcc 3.2 - Unix people beware
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:35:04 +1000

Hi Camm.

> > GCL builds with the new Mingw 2 package (uses gcc 3.2) provided that =
> > optimisation is set to "-O2" and "-fomit-frame-pointer" is omitted.  =
>
> Is this failure on full optimization new?  gcc-3.2 related, or recent
> gcl change related?

Good question.  I recall now that Mingw32 gcc optimisation has always had to
be kept to strictly less than -O3 otherwise object loading fails.

This leads me to two related problems.

1.  The configuration system uses -O6 for gcc but the gcc documentation
gives -O3 as the highest optimisation level.

2.  In makedefs, the makefile macro GCLDIR is defined after being referenced
by the CFLAGS macro.

To circumvent these problem I set CFLAGS in the Mingw.defs file to override
the defaults.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.