gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Updated PC port

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Updated PC port
Date: 16 Sep 2002 11:48:41 -0400

Greetings!

Just a note to the Windows GCL users -- by default, gcl compiles the
fastest gmp 'bignum' code that it can, which will involve ISA
extension instructions (e.g. SSE, SSE2, 3dNow, etc.) on machines that
have them.  If you're making a *distribution*, you will have to
configure for the lowest common denominator.  Here is what is done in
debian/rules for the Debian package:

        [ "$(ARCHT)" != "i386" ] || ( cd gmp3 && CC=$(MCC) ./configure
--build=i486-unknown-linux-gnu )
        CC=$(MCC) ./configure --disable-statsysbfd --enable-$(RELOC) $(GMP)
--prefix=/usr --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info

Take care,