gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] troubles bulding Maxima with latest GCL CVS

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] troubles bulding Maxima with latest GCL CVS
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:59:00 +0300

Camm Maguire writes:

   One thing I notice at saved_maxima and at saved_trad_gcl creation
   is the "Building raw symbol table" notifier.  This does not appear
   when building the new images.  These symbols are generated via the
   lisp function build-symbol-table, which must be getting called
   somewhere before save-system, though I cannot find it right now.  I
   don't think we are invoking this in the new image saves.  In
   general, the reloc code counts on the symbol table being generated
   at compile time, and statically available at run time.  I think,
   though, that the old reloc code could also build the table in case
   it was not initialized at runtime.  the new code does not yet have
   this capability, so perhaps I'll try adding this.  But to be sure,
   I need to be able to run gdb, which I can't now.  Can you help
   here, Vadim?

After all I understood how to properly add build-symbol-table when
saving new saved_pcl_gcl and saved_ansi_gcl.  And it works to me.
Shall I commit the fix?

Best wishes,

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov