gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Ansi compliance issues

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Ansi compliance issues
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:00:25 -0500

I'm running some tests on gcl configured with --enable-ansi.
I've found some compliance issues (I imagine there are many).

(1) EVAL-WHEN doesn't take :EXECUTE, :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL or
  :LOAD-TOPLEVEL as situations.

(2) GENSYM is broken: it doesn't use the *GENSYM-COUNTER*
  special variable (and that symbol is not exported from
  COMMON-LISP).  Calling GENSYM with a string argument permanently
  replaces the prefix with that string (the standard says it
  replaces it for this call only.)  Calling GENSYM with an integer
  resets the global counter, which is incorrect.

(3) There are too many symbols exported from COMMON-LISP (994 instead
  of the mandated 978 symbols.)

(4) MAKE-HASH-TABLE doesn't take EQUALP as the test function.

(5) ROW-MAJOR-AREF is not defined.

(6) ELT should (in safe code) produce a TYPE-ERROR when the index is
  out of range.  It produces an INTERNAL-SIMPLE-ERROR instead.

I'll send in more issues as they come up.

        Paul