gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] accessing c libraries from gcl

From: John Jorgensen
Subject: [Gcl-devel] accessing c libraries from gcl
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:12:12 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a good description somewhere about how to access C libraries from
GCL? Do I still have to find a way to compile in support for any C
libraries that I might need (like TK), or is there a way (on a modern
linux box) to dynamically load a library? Does the fasload stuff that Camm
has been working on have something to do with this?

As an example of what I want to do, I want to use gd to build images on
the fly (for a web based game), but I'd really prefer to do it right from
lisp instead of calling out to an external program.

I see some documentation on faslink, but I believe that it hasn't been
updated for linux/elf yet...

J*