gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Patch for configure.in

From: Gregory Wright
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Patch for configure.in
Date: 17 Jun 2002 18:02:37 -0400

Hi,

The attached patch adds the option to build without readline support.
Just say ./configure --without-readline. Building with readline support
remains the default, if it is available.

Suppressing readline support is required to use gcl under ilisp, the
emacs/xemacs inferior lisp mode.

ilisp needs to be buffed up just a bit for gcl; I'm working on it.

The other change is to add some m4 quoting ('[ ]'), which is required by
recent autoconfs. I use autoconf-2.5 and the gcl's old configure.in
generates a broken configure file under this version.

configure.in needs a bit more help to make it bulletproof; I'll see when
I can get to it.

Best Wishes,
Greg

--