gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Interfacing C libraries and lisp.

From: Conan
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Interfacing C libraries and lisp.
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I hope this is the correct list to post this on.

I have been having a heck of a time interfacing C and lisp using gcl.  I
am attempting to call a few opengl routines from gcl.  I would be happy if
I could even call printf from gcl, so lets use that as an example.

(defentry foobar (string) (void "printf"))

The way I understand it, this creates a lisp function that calls the c
function printf, which returns void and takes a string argument.

I believe this function has to be compiled somehow, but I am not entirely
clear on this.

The biggest issue I have is how to actually load the library that contains
printf, or whatever other functions I happen to need.

I am running gcl 2.5 using Debian GNU/Linux.

Anybody have any advice?  I have found hardly any documentation to help me
with this.

Conan K Woods
address@hidden