gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructions.

From: John Jorgensen
Subject: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructions.
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have managed to inelegantly incorporate clcs (in the gcl source tree),
and pcl-gcl (found at;
http://www.ma.utexas.edu/users/wfs/pub/gcl/pcl-gcl-2.1.tgz) into a
"unified" build. In case anyone is interested, here are the instructions;

1) Check out gcl from CVS. These instructions may work with the release,
   but I haven't tested it.
2) Get pcl-gcl-2.1 at the link listed above and untar it into the gcl
   tree.
3) In the GCL tree, either "mv pcl-gcl-2.1 pcl" or make a soft link.
4) In gcl/pcl, run "ln -s impl/gcl/makefile.gcl makefile"
5) From the parent of the gcl source root, apply the attached patch with;
   "patch -p0 <pcl-clcs-gcl.patch". This modifies some makefiles to do
   the build.
5) From the gcl source root, follow the normal build process.

run;

$ bin/gcl
>(list-all-packages)

to look for the presence of the new packages. I've only done a little
testing on this build, but it's promising.

Now I realize that the attached patch is the picture of ugliness, but it
gets the job done. Is there any chance that at least the pcl-gcl package
could get put into the CVS tree so that folks don't have to search for
it? After that, maybe someone can clean up my small patch and submit it to
the maintainer...

BTW camm, thanks for maintaining this easy to build and fast CLISP.

J*