gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Problems compiling latest version with mingw

From: Shane McDonald
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Problems compiling latest version with mingw
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:08:54 -0600

Hello:

  I just started trying GCL yesterday for the first time, and I tried compiling it on my Win98 box with the mingw compiler, following the instructions in readme.mingw.  It had problems compiling o/num_co.c, due to the recent changes in revision 1.3 of that file.

  In my compilation, the recent addition of two calls to isnormal() causes the linking step to fail, as isnormal() doesn't seem to be found anywhere.  Sorry, I don't know enough about isnormal() (or GCL) to provide a patch, but I was able to work around the problem by commenting out the isnormal() calls and the appropriate sections of the surrounding if statements.

Shane McDonald