gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: Bug in maxima

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: Bug in maxima
Date: 18 May 2002 21:35:33 -0400

Greetings!  OK the latest cleanup has apparently cleared this issue
too:

(C1) primep(80630964769);

(D1)                                 TRUE
(C2) primep(80630965313);

(D2)                                 TRUE
(C3) primep(340282366762482138434845932244680310783);
waiting....

The lesson?  *We can gain much by a simple cleaning of the code
according to the compiler warnings*.  Several bugs have already been
fixed this way, with no change to the underlying (intended) logic of
gcl.

Given this, I think it should be my next priority, (and that of anyone
else who cares to join in), to do similar cleaning with -Wall now.
There are a lot of messages, mostly due to missing prototypes.
Luckily, there is protoize, which I intend to use.  We must be very
careful here, but I'm feeling reasonably comfortable with the code now,
so I think this is the logical next step, which I will start next time
I get a free stretch to work on gcl.  Unfortunately, I don't exactly
know when that will be :-).  Hopefully soon.

Take care,