gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Todo list

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Todo list
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:21:41 +1000

Hi Camm.

I'm on leave at present, hot on the trail of some personal projects (usual painting the bathroom, planting the trees etc) and picking up email intermittently.

1. defsystem - I have experimented briefly with the one in the Maxima source, which also needs logical pathnames.  All compiles but doesn't work and I don't know enough about how it is meant to work.

2. CL docs from Bill Schelter's web site.

3. CLOS - Again insufficient background knowledge to test and clear, but I have built both Closette and PCL with GCL.

I have avoided doing anything with these until we know whether these things should be done, especially when we need to keep the decks clear for the impending Maxima release.

Can check into CVS when requested.

With these three, GCL stands a chance of building lots of interesting packages.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.