gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Windows binary distribution II

From: Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Windows binary distribution II
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:27:27 +1000

As best as I can tell, they work.

Can:
 - start xmaxima
 - run tests
 - restart maxima
 - run tests
 - stop xmaxima (and kill maxima)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Thomas [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, 2 April 2002 9:46
To: address@hidden; Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Maxima] Windows binary distribution II

Hi Dave.

>  - utexas maxima-5.5 windows binary (for winkill.exe and tclwinkill.dll)

Just in case you didn't notice:

   - Building GCL for Mingw32 results in a winkill.exe in the bin directory.

   - I did a search in the source for tclwinkill and found "o/tclwinkill.c".
I built a dll in the "o" directory from that file using mingw32:

    gcc -I../h -shared tclwinkill.c -ltclstub83 -o tclwinkill.dll

(NB: You will need the Mingw version of Tcl8.3 in your lib and include
search paths for this to work correctly.)  The dll is loaded by the xmaxima
script.

Both these files (winkill.exe, tclwinkill.dll) are attached for you to try
out in your new distribution.  If they don't work, let me know and I'll
start by examining the compiler switches.  If they do work, we can just
automate the production of the dll in the makefiles and Bob's your uncle.

My guess is that the source for both of these binaries belong in the maxima
source tree rather than GCL, where they presently reside.

What does everyone else think?

Cheers and Happy Easter

Mike Thomas