gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble - one additional fact

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble - one additional fact
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:02:04 +1000

Hi there.

Can we recap on where you are at?   I'm sorry if I appear a little cautious,
but I am trying to eliminate all sources of error before making further
changes to the source tree.

My understanding is that you have built gcl, but are still getting stack
checking problems.

Could you please double check that you have done a clean build (delete all
gcl build tree .exe's, .o's from your GCL build directory, then run do a
make, as follows):

    - cd to your GCL build directory.

    - rm */*.o

    - rm */*.exe

    - make >& make.log

    - ./unixport/saved_maxima

Let me know how you go after these steps.  If you are still having trouble,
I will commit further changes to the stack checking code which may solve the
problem.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.