gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:43:16 -0800 (PST)

--- Mike Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The compiler doesn't seem to be following symbolic links in the gmp
> > directory.  Is this typical or do I need to fix something about my
> > cygwin setup?
>
> As Dave Billinghurst just pointed out, you need to do as the
> readme.mingw file says and replace instances of "ln -s" in
> gmp/configure.  This is because the Mingw32 gcc compiler tools are
> native windows apps rather than Cygwin - they don't understand Cygwin

> links.

OK.  I'd recommend a change in readme.mingw on this point - it
currently says:

"Make sure that "cp" is used instead of "ln" in the gmp library build
by
setting all occurrences of ac_cv_prog_LN_S="cp -p" in gmp/configure."

I had to do a general search and replace EVERY occurance of ln -s by cp
-p, not just those in the ac_cv_prog_LN_S= relationship.  It might be
better just to say that all occurances of ln should be replaced by cp.

> > When I get to the part where it trys to launch gcl, it quits with
> > Unrecoverable error:  NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid.
>
> This is interesting.  Are you using the current Savannah CVS sources?
>  If so, then I might need to update this macro.  The CVS code works
on
> two different machines which I have built GCL on (AMD K6, WIn XP and
> Intel PII, Win 2000) and apparently for Dave B on at least one
computer
> as well.
>
> To check that you have the current CVS sources, check "readme.mingw".
> There should be stuff written by me, with the old historical stuff
> below that.

I do have current sources.  I am building on Windows 98 - would that be
causing some problems?

CY