gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] more on evenp bug

From: Lou Glassy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] more on evenp bug
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:11:17 -0700

[...on the EVENP bug...]

   [I wrote, a week ago]
   > I'll have a go at this, this weekend.  Thanks for the ideas.  In the
   > meantime, I have a workaround for my code - it'll be interesting to
   > see how this bug happens, since GCL 2.2.1 seems not to have this problem.
   > "Something has changed in The Matrix..."  :-)
   OK, probably was introduced with gmp.  Thanks for the observation!
   Did you ever get a change to look into this over the weekend?

I didn't get to it.  Will try again *this* weekend :-)  My plan, per
your earlier advice, is to step in gdb through both a gcl2.2.1 and gcl2.5.0
build, and watch for the place in the code where large even numbers
suddenly become odd.

   I've added this to the bug list on the website.

Thanks kindly-

-lg