gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl on ms windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl on ms windows
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:50:56 +1000

Hi there.

I have found at least part of the trouble with the Mingw32 port of GCL by
comparing the compilation methods for GCL and Maxima.

The problem revolved around "cmpnew/cmpmain.c".

Apparently twelve nulls had to be inserted between the compiler generated
object code.  I intend to test further to double check this as I am not
absolutely certain whether this is necessary.  A further problem was that I
had not enabled the broken O4 optimisation workaround.

I am also pleased to report that the binary data format was not the problem.

The end result of these and the other changes I have reported earlier is
that I can now use "compile-file" from the REPL loop and load the resulting
object file using Mingw32 compiled GCL.

If someone can organise CVS write access for me I will check in the changes
I have made to get this far.

saved_maxima.exe is compiling stuff built as I leave catch the train home.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.