gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: solaris

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: solaris
Date: 08 Mar 2002 11:41:45 -0500

Greetings!  Thanks Dan!

Here is the problem, I think:

from 'one':

add-defs1 solaris
cc -DUNIX -o file-sub file-sub.c
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

from 'two':

make: *** [file-sub] Error 1
add-defs1: ./bin/file-sub: not found
mv: cannot access tmpx
add-defs1: ./bin/file-sub: not found
mv: cannot access tmpx

Can you find out why file-sub is not being compiled?  The
add-defs/file-sub is what puts the right defs in the makefiles.  What
you are seeing in the main makefile is what is in CVS, which reflects
the i386 Linux build I did when I last committed the file (note the
comments in the file).

I know this is a very dirty setup, but it hasn't been properly fixed
yet, although this should be relatively easy, though of low priority.
Right now, *any junk* in the makefiles between # begin makedefs and
# end makedefs will be replaced by configure.  I therefore have thus
far followed Dr. Schelter's pattern of committing the whole makefile
from my sample build when something changes outside this region.  This
introduces stuff particular to my system in the replace region, but it
should be of no consequence, as it is overwritten.

Take care,