gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: solaris build

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: solaris build
Date: 23 Feb 2002 10:21:30 -0500

Greetings!

Just following up on this, and stating my assumption that this issue
is superceded by the sigfpe problem you've discovered.

Does gcl build, albeit possibly without readline, using gcc, etc, on
solaris now?

As to the data files, I am reasonably sure, but not totally.  We don't
have a working coff system to compare against to state this with
certainty, but here is my reasoning.  As you've found, the data files
work perfectly well *in ascii format* if :system-p et. al. are set
right. Looking at some of these files, they are just standard lisp
code, and must it would seem be identical across platforms.  still
haven't checked trying to build maxima with the ascii data files, but
we could luck out and just have a bug in translating the files to
binary on some boxes.

Also, I have taken *binary* data files frm i386, copied to m68k, and
fixed maxima build problems I was facing.  That is my main data
point.

Take care,