gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] problems with the 2-5-2002 cvs

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] problems with the 2-5-2002 cvs
Date: 15 Feb 2002 10:48:01 -0500

Greetings!

address@hidden writes:

> There are a few problems with the cvs.
> First, when libbfd was added, support was only added to
> sfaslelf.  The build will fail on a coff system.

This should not be the case, as libbfd is still a compile time
option.  I.e. the coff build setup should be as it always was.  What
new build failure are you seeing?

> Second, the unixport makefile has LIB defined a few times,
> causing the required libraries not to be included in the link.

Could you please post a makefile showing this behavior?

The way it should work is that configure will detect your libbfd, add
the libraries to the final link, but not compile in code using the
library as that is currently elf only.  Do you see a linker error?
Can you post with the makefile please?

Thanks again for your report!