gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: other platforms for gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: other platforms for gcl
Date: 13 Feb 2002 21:54:19 -0500

Greetings!

Well, I was out sick for a good part of last week, so don't have any
recent progress to report.

In terms of general direction, though, your discovery of setting
system-p to get an ascii data file is *great*!  That will be my next
move to see if the compiler still produces bad data files in this form
too on the affected platforms.  Hopefully we should be able to figure
out a few things from this experiment.

It would be nice if you could summarize the latest status on cygwin
and solaris, if you had the time.  My understanding is that solaris
perhaps almost works out of the box, and that your getting close on
cygwin using the compiled c and data files produced on Linux.  Right?

I'd particularly like to examine the solaris build soon as the Linux
sparc doesn't even get to raw_gcl.  I guess this is on your website?

Sorry for being out of touch a bit recently.

Take care,