gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Some extensions for gcl

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Some extensions for gcl
Date: 12 Feb 2002 17:19:22 -0500

    Camm> Greetings!
    Camm> Raymond Toy <address@hidden> writes:

    >> Camm,
    >>
    >> I mentioned a while back that I had ported some more code to gcl.  I
    >> found my ports of Mark K.'s logical pathname stuff and his Rich
    >> Water's xp pretty printer stuff.  I see there are some .o files in my
    >> directories so I'm pretty sure they once wored with gcl.  However,
    >> with my Solaris gcl 2.4.0, I can successfully compile them but loading
    >> the .o files causes gcl to crash.
    >>
    >> Do you want them?  I got these from the CMU AI Archives and I think
    >> the changes were quite minor.
    >>

    Camm> Yes, please send along anything you've found useful yourself.  I'm not

Do you want me to send them directly to you?

    Camm> quite clear yet what should actually go in the *distribution*, but it
    Camm> would be nice to have the option.  Am cc'ing this to the devel list to
    Camm> get comments on what we should actually compile into gcl by way of
    Camm> extensions.

Considering that logical pathnames and pretty-printing are required
parts of ANSI CL, this will get you at least part of the way there.
Don't know how close it is to ANSI CL, though.  However, you might
want to do this yourself.  I know Clisp has its own implementation of
pretty-printing, written from scratch a couple of months ago.

Ray