gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] maxima, gcl on ms windows

From: Dan Stanger
Subject: [Gcl-devel] maxima, gcl on ms windows
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 07:03:55 -0700

I have copied 2 files, gcl-cvs-2-2-2002.tar.gz and
 maxima-migrate-2-5-2002.tar.gz to my web site and they
should be accessible as www.diac.com/~dxs/<filename>.
I redid the build under linux, after resetting the value stack size
to 32768, which allowed error free compilation of maxima with
the required compilation options.  There still remains more work
to do:

1) Fix the gcl compiler to generate warning free code for ellipt
and bessel.
2) Update the gcl value stack size.
3) Remove functionality in unexnt which is duplicated by cygwin.
4) Fix my filename hack in unexnt t o find saved_gcl.
5) Replace the hardcoded DBEGIN with a value from sbrk.
6) Fix solve.

I suspect that after changing the value stack size on solaris,
I will be able to repeat building there as the tests seem to
have succeeded, as well as they did on linux.
Also, I had been able to build gcl with Doug Lea's malloc, however
I was unable to dump, and had to load the objects at startup.

Dan Stanger