gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl, maxima on cygwin

From: dan . stanger
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl, maxima on cygwin
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:53:14 -0700 (MST)

I have gotten maxima running on windows using gcl built with cygwin.
It seems to execute most tests correctly, but hangs on solve and
fails on rtest14.mac.  I cannot seem to save the results in a log, but
I think I can get past that if I comment out the failed tests.
Here is how I built it.  I got gcl from cvs as of 2-2-2002, and
maxima from cvs as of 2-5-2002, and built using the new build method
on solaris.  I added compile options to save the c, h, data files and
set system-p t.  Then I built.  When the build failed at bessel.lisp,
I removed system-p and continued.  I copied the files to windows,
and compiled and linked.  I modified unexnt to fix a path problem.
The environment I am using is w2k, the latest cygwin, 256 megs of memory.
If anyone is interested, I will tar what I have and post it on my web site.
Dan Stanger