gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: windows progress

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: windows progress
Date: 01 Feb 2002 16:16:41 -0500

Greetings!

address@hidden writes:

> I have built all the obj's for gcl and maxima and have tried loading
> them.  They all load without errors.  However maxima still doesnt
> run, it complains about functions being missing, something related
> to pathname, but I dont remember now.  I am going to try to
> load the gcl and maxima objs all at once without saving, and see if
> it works.
> Can you try this on one of the broken platforms?
> Dan

OK, this is of course only a temporary work around, but I think what
we'd need to try it is

1) a modification to the maxima 'make' lisp function to have it save
   c,h,and data.
2) a modification to the compiler to skip the lisp compile if the
   c,h,and data are newer, or at least some way to temporarily bypass
   it.

How have you been addressing these?

Take care,