gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: 2.4.1

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.4.1
Date: 26 Jan 2002 23:21:43 -0500

Greetings!

address@hidden writes:

> The configure script for gmp does not use the symbol LN_S when
> creating links.

I'm writing this quickly, so I suppose that refers to the symlink
problem reported earlier.  I've put a work-around in the main
configure which should copy gmp/mpn/generic/* for mingw.  Is that what
you are trying to accomplish?  If we want gmp configure to use this
symbol instead/in addition, shouldn't be too hard but for one point --
one needs a very bleeding edge autoconf to process the gmp
configure.in.  Can be done, but will seriously affect my autoconf
setup.

Is there a quick way to set the -g option for
> gcc in the configure script?

Not currently, but can be done pretty easily.  Not strictly a bug fix,
right?  Should go into 2.5.0?

> Also, you mentioned that maxima was redefining lisp:let.  Which
> file does it do this in?

letmac.lisp in maxima-5.6/src

> Dan

Take care,