gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl using mingw

From: Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl using mingw
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:50:56 +0800

OK.  I managed to get a build.  Testing will have to wait for a few days.

The problem with the gmp files is that they are symbolically linked, and
therefore do not exist for non-cygwin apps such as the mingw gcc.  Can
work around this by editing gmp/configure and changing the "ln -s" at
line 5154 to either ln or cp.

The threshold in the NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro depends on the compiler
version.  I was using gcc-2.95.2 and it didn't work.  Upgrading to
mingw-1.0.1-20010726 fixed it.  I just don't understand this bit.
Are you sure about the values you give below.  Your tarball has
#define NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK(y) (((unsigned int)(y)) < 0x230000 )
and that worked.