gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] More Code Cleanup...

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] More Code Cleanup...
Date: 11 Jan 2002 13:11:52 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for this work here.  I agree with you that we
should work with this gmp stuff as is in the short term, and your
contributions are much appreciated in this regard!  Over the medium
term, it would be much to our advantage to get gcl working with gmp
linked in as a dynamic shared library.  Would this work on vms?  I.e.,
have you tried building the full gmp lib package?  As far as I can
tell, there is just one garbage-collecting-related change WFS made to
the sources, and if/when we get the Boehm gc working, that may no
longer be needed, not to mention the possibility that the gmp
maintainers might be persuaded to adopt the change WFS submitted to
them.  We should follow up on this.  Anyone attracted to this project
is encouraged to step forward!

Take care,