gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 2.5.0 branched

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.0 branched
Date: 18 Dec 2001 15:57:50 -0500

Greetings!  OK, I've set the CVS up so that the current version will
wind up being 2.4.1, i.e. 'stable' -- nothing goes in here except
obvious bug fixes and compile cleaning.  the 2.5.0 branch is for new
features.  I'll try adding the readline patch, and the new
defsystem/sloop there, as well as upload a tree of common lisp tests
I've found.  As to the latter, it appears that there will be some work
before all tests pass.  Appreciate any help from Lisp cogno senti
(sp?) in tracking down testing errors.

Am unsure where a rework of the compile process should go.  Eventually
want to remove the 'sed' hacks on the makefiles with Makefile.in's, so
that these localized changes won't gratuitously keep reappearing in
cvs diffs.

As far as I can tell, we currently have one platform where gcl compiles
and runs, and maxima passes all tests on -- 386-linux.  I'm trying
powerpc and sparc.  Hope to hear successful reports from others soon!

Take care,