gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Some cygwin progress

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Some cygwin progress
Date: 17 Dec 2001 23:22:33 -0500

Greetings!  Great!  I'll look these over -- most if not all will go in
quickly.  Thanks for your work!

Could either you and/or Dan please try commenting out the #undef and
redef of DBEGIN in gnuwin95.h, and then rerun ./configure and make?
The value in there seems to be way off from what alloc is returning,
and my hunch is that the system's automatic determination of DBEGIN
during configure might clear up these segfaults.

Quickly looking at your submitted patches, the only one I question is
the reinstatement of unexent.c or whatever the exact name is.
Dr. Schelter specifically removed this, and I'm still pouring through
the logs to try to find out why.  Please tell me, does cygwin produce
ELF binaries?  Perhaps he meant unexelf.c to be used given
advancements in the cygwin stuff.  I'd sure be appreciative if someone
could try
#define UNIXSAVE "unexelf.c"
in gnuwin95.h too, and see how that works.

Take care,