gcjwebplugin-devel

Re: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: NSAPI/ OJI/ Applet plugin

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: NSAPI/ OJI/ Applet plugin
Date: 21 Jun 2006 08:30:20 -0600

>>>>> "Philippe" == Philippe Laporte <address@hidden> writes:

.. replying to somewhat old email.

Philippe> I've reviewed the outstanding PRs on this.

Philippe> There was lots of activity in April/Eraly May around the
Philippe> WebPlugin, but as far as Security is concerned, the class
Philippe> lib seems not to have been touched, and so I guess none of
Philippe> these PRs have been updated.

The PRs have a pretty large granularity -- each one is a significant
amount of work.

Gary has been working steadily on the throwpoint test cases.  My
impression is that many of the checks are actually in place, so this
doesn't translate directly to a lot of commits to Classpath.  However,
the tests are important in their own right, as they give us some
assurance that we won't regress.  All this work of his comes under the
umbrella of a single PR -- hence no action there.

We could certainly use help in this area.  There's more to do, as I'm
sure you know (I saw you were CCd on all the security PRs).

Philippe> Is Security seen as vital for running Applets, in the usage contexts
Philippe> currently being addressed?

Right now we have this whitelist thing, which works nicely -- better
than I expected :-).  But, yes, security is vital for the long term.

Tom