gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] are the .so files needed at runtime

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] are the .so files needed at runtime
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:00:58 +0100

Hi,

are the .so symlinks, that is:
/usr/lib64/libgchempaint-0.10.so
/usr/lib64/libgcpcanvas-0.10.so
/usr/lib64/libgcu-0.10.so
needed at runtime? Usually, these are only needed for linker and not
needed for normal program operation. rpmlint complains about these, and
from what I have observed, there is no runtime dependency on these
files. Given that gchemutils is currently not meant to be linked
against, do you think I could drop them from the rpm package?

Regards,
Julian