gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] License confirmation

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] License confirmation
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:59:27 +0200

Hello,

the new guidelines for Fedora packages require specific descriptions of
the software licenses. While GPL was enough in the past, now the
specific version is required, as is the possibility of relicensing under
later versions (the “or later” phrase). So far, I have adjusted the
license tag to GPLv2+. Is that correct? I.e., can every file in the
source be relicensed under a later GPL version? Thanks for the info in
advance.

Regards,
Julian

P.S.
I am looking into the rpmlint warnings issue right now. So far it seems
to be a false positive, since running the validation tool against
gchempaint returns (among others):
W: gchempaint unused-direct-shlib-dependency
/usr/lib64/libgcpcanvas-0.8.2.so /usr/lib64/libgcu.so.0
And it seems unlikely to me that gchempaint is not using libgcu.