gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] Gnome Chemistry Utils 0.6.0 and 0.7.0 released.

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] Gnome Chemistry Utils 0.6.0 and 0.7.0 released.
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:08:53 +0100

Hi,

I released today the first stable 0.6.x.

Main new features compared to 0.4.x are:
- Three utilities are now included:
a chemical calculator,
a 3d molecular viewer
a periodic table of the elements

- The periodic table widget is now available as a combo box as well.

- new classes: Application, Dialog, Isotope, IsotopicPattern, Formula,
parse_error.

Compared to 0.5.91:
- Build cleaning.
- --version command line option fixed.
- chemical-mime-data is now optional (because it is not yet released)

Sources are available as usual:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchemutils/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.6.0.tar.bz2
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchemutils/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.6.0.tar.gz

I also released 0.7.0. It is an unstable version and it might be
unreliable. It might even not compile (if this happens, please tell).
It can be installed in parallel with a stable release.

The essential differences when compared to 0.6.0 are:
- this version includes Gnome Crystal.
- it needs goffice 0.3.0 (only available from cvs at the moment).

Sources:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchemutils/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.7.0.tar.bz2
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchemutils/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.7.0.tar.gz

Best regards,