Re: Jitsi conferencing software

From: John Rooke
Subject: Re: Jitsi conferencing software
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:15:04 +0000

Hi all,

Just an update on my request for info last summer.

I've been using Big Blue Button, provided by meet.coop for a few months now. It's a simple program with not many bells and whistles, but it does the job.

The problem has been, not the software, but the reliability of service. I believe that this is down to the limited capacity of small free software providers, who can't afford the bandwidth available to the big corporates. Although they do provide 'free-as-in-beer' services, they haven't proved reliable enough for serious use. The same is no doubt true for Jitsi.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Have a good Christmas,

John