[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: Less than one week until International Day Agains

From: John Rooke
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: Less than one week until International Day Against DRM on Sept. 18
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 21:22:25 +0100

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Less than one week until International Day Against DRM on Sept.
18
Date:   Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:12:26 -0400
From:   Molly de Blanc, DBD <address@hidden>
To:     John Rooke <address@hidden>

Defective by Design

/Read and share online: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/take_action_september_18th_international_day_against_drm/

Hello John Rooke,

September 18th -- less than one week away -- is International Day Against DRM <https://dayagainstdrm.org?pk_campaign=idad2018&pk_kwd=1wk> (IDAD), an annual day of action and celebration against Digital Restrictions Management <https://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm_digital_restrictions_management> (DRM). On IDAD, people who care about DRM get together all over the world and the Web to say in one voice that we stand against DRM and for digital freedom.

*Pledge to participate in this year's IDAD <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=8&reset=1/?pk_campaign=idad2018&pk_kwd=1wk_petition>*!

    Want to get involved?

People are gathering digitally and in-person to take action against DRM, and you can be involved. Here are just a few things you can do as an individual:

  *

    Organize a flyering event
    <https://www.defectivebydesign.org/printable>. If you haven't done
    one before, check out our Giving Guide Giveaway Primer
    <https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/giving-guide-giveaway-primer>, as
    inspiration. You can also contact us at address@hidden
    <mailto:address@hidden> for advice and materials. Alternatively,
    put up anti-DRM and DRM-free flyers around your campus, community,
    or neighborhood.

  *

    Go a Day Without DRM
    <https://dayagainstdrm.org?pk_campaign=idad2018&pk_kwd=1wk>! We're
    challenging ourselves to go a day without using DRM-encumbered media
    and devices: no Netflix, Steam, or locked down ebooks or music.
    We'll be blogging about the experience afterwards and sharing on
    social media throughout the day.

  *

    Write your own blog post about why you oppose DRM.

  *

    Share on social media using the hashtag *#IDAD*.

*Hosting an event?* We can help you reach out to free software supporters in your area. Contact us at address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>.

    Are you an organization?

Do you run or work for an organization that opposes DRM? You can join us as well.

  *

    Show your support by adding your logo to the logo cloud on the
    right-hand side of this page
    <https://dayagainstdrm.org?pk_campaign=idad2018&pk_kwd=1wk>.

  *

    Organize an event in your area. Past events have included a video
    game festival, film screenings, rallies in public spaces, and
    protests at DRM-supporting businesses.

  *

    Share with your members, constituents, supporters, and followers why
    you stand against DRM.

  *

    Add a modal window
    <https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/idad_2018_modal_window> to
    your Web site before IDAD and/or on the day of. (Our modal window
    works without proprietary JavaScript
    <https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html>.)

  *

    Offer a discount, deal, or giveaway of DRM-free media or DRM-free
    devices.

We're also interested in hearing your ideas, so feel free to contact us at address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>.

    See you on September 18th!

*Let us know you'll be there <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=8&reset=1/?pk_campaign=idad2018&pk_kwd=1wk_petition>*.

Cheers,

Molly de Blanc
Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation
she/her/hers

Follow us on GNU social <https://status.fsf.org/dbd> | Follow us on Twitter <https://mobile.twitter.com/endDRM/> | Read about why we use Twitter, but only with caveats <https://www.fsf.org/twitter>

Subscribe to our blog via RSS <https://www.defectivebydesign.org/rss.xml>

Donate to support the campaign <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=40>

Defective by Design is a campaign of the Free Software Foundation:

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
United States

Read the Free Software Foundation Privacy Policy <https://www.fsf.org/about/free-software-foundation-privacy-policy>