[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [Announce] Intel ME neutralized and disabled, nea

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [Announce] Intel ME neutralized and disabled, nearing $2m for the Librem 5
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:01:13 +0100

Interesting news on Librem 5 (the phone) and on disabling ME on the
Librem laptops including a deep dive on ME.

https://puri.sm/learn/intel-me/

"
What is the ME?

The Intel Management Engine (ME) is a separate independent processor
core that is actually embedded inside the Multichip Package (MCP) on
Intel CPUs. It operates all-by-itself and separate from the main
processor, the BIOS, and the Operating system (OS), but it does interact
with the BIOS and OS kernel. It is a black box of mystery code at the
lowest level, in ring -2, with complete control over every part of the
system.
"