[Fsuk-manchester] The GNOME Conference: July 28th - August 2nd -- call f

From: Sam Thursfield
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] The GNOME Conference: July 28th - August 2nd -- call for talks
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:39:15 +0000

Hi Manchester Free Software folks,

As you might know the GNOME project’s annual European conference will
be taking place in Manchester this year between 28th July and 2nd
August.  The conference will provide an opportunity to find out about
the latest technical developments in the GNOME desktop environment, to
learn new skills and tools, attend talks and participate in workshops
and discussions.  Everyone is welcome to attend – see the GUADEC 2017
website at https://www.guadec.org/ for more details.

The conference is now open for registration and we are also accepting
talk submissions until 23rd April.

You don’t have to be an existing member of the GNOME project to submit
a talk: if you have something interesting to say about software or
technology, we want to hear from you!

Subjects that we are particularly interested in include:

 * Design of user and developer experiences
 * Operating system plumbing
 * Application development and deployment
 * Use of GNOME technologies outside the desktop
 * Outreach to new contributors
 * Project organisation and governance
 * Privacy and security
 * Developments in open source/Free Software
 * The GNOME developer experience

Talks can be either 25 or 40 minutes in length, which includes time for
questions.

See the full announcement: https://2017.guadec.org/call-for-papers

The registration and talk submissions website is:
https://registration.guadec.org/

We are also looking for sponsors for the conference, the sponsorship
brochure is linked from: https://2017.guadec.org/sponsors/

Thanks for reading, and please get in touch if you have any questions.
Sam