Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Package archive?

From: Philip Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Package archive?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:49:57 +0000

On 24 November 2016 at 19:05, Michael Dorrington
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 14/11/16 09:40, Philip Hudson wrote:
>> I'm looking for an ancient package called "hdconv",
>>Is there somewhere I can do a
>> search for a now-deleted package's source for, say, debian?
>
> http://snapshot.debian.org/
>
> which says it goes back to 2005, so about 10 years.  However, doesn't
> appear to have it.

I'm disappointed, of course, but also intrigued: this is the first
time I've come up against what appears to be a hard exception to
"nobody can take free software away from us". In this case, it seems
we've taken it away from ourselves!

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.ddns.net
Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) ID: 0x887DCA63