[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: CETA: we're winning, Please take action now.

From: John Rooke
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: CETA: we're winning, Please take action now.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:58:49 +0100

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: CETA: we're winning
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 11:59:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Guy Taylor, Global Justice Now <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Dear John,

We have some fantastic news! Today, the EU-Canada trade deal CETA suffered a historical setback, as European Union governments failed to sign it off at the Foreign Affairs Council of Europe.

They had a one hour meeting scheduled, and after four hours they had to admit they could not agree to unanimously support the toxic trade deal. This has been in no small part due to the actions that you and many thousands of other people across the EU have taken recently. We have made CETA a toxic term, just like TTIP!

At the centre of the argument was the Belgian government who, thanks to their federal structure, were prevented from agreeing to pass CETA by the Walloon parliament (Part of the French-speaking region of Belgium). The Minister-President of Walloon is Paul Magnette and we’re encouraging people to send him message of support to help him withstand the enormous pressure the bureaucrats in the EU are now putting him under to secure his support for CETA.

Tweet @PaulMagnette now

If you're not on Twitter, you can email Paul Magnette's attaché at address@hidden

We don’t expect this to be the end of CETA (although that is a possibility) and we’re continuing to pile the pressure on our MEPs to ensure the biggest vote against the deal should it reach a plenary vote in the European parliament, thank you for all your help with that.

Thank you for your support.

Guy Taylor
Campaigner at Global Justice Now

At the centre of the argument was the Belgian government who, thanks to their federal structure, were prevented from agreeing to pass CETA by the Walloon parliament (Part of the French-speaking region of Belgium). The Minister-President of Walloon is Paul Magnette and we’re encouraging people to send him message of support to help him withstand the enormous pressure the bureaucrats in the EU are now putting him under to secure his support for CETA.

supporter