[Fsuk-manchester] [JOB] Codethink are looking for a GNU/Linux Systems Ad

From: Dave Page
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] [JOB] Codethink are looking for a GNU/Linux Systems Administrator!
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:45:46 +0000

## The Company

Codethink are the Systems Software Experts. We provide genius in systems-level software and hardware, particularly in the enterprise, devices and automotive sectors. We are a growing international company with over 60 employees, mostly software engineers. We’re based in open-plan offices just on the edge of the Northern Quarter in Manchester City Centre, with a casual dress code and lots of different kinds of tea.

## The Team

The Operations Team exists to provide infrastructure and support to our software engineers and the rest of the company. Currently we’re a two-person team but looking to expand as the company grows and requirements become more complex. It’s a rapidly moving environment with plenty of challenges, but it’s also rewarding.

We wrangle hardware from small dev boards with strange architectures through to giant servers, and make it all play nicely together. We deal with on-site servers, colocated equipment, and some Cloud and managed services. We’re moving towards more consistency and devops-y automation for installs, configurations, monitoring and alerting - could you be part of that change?

## The Position

Salary: Circa £25k depending on experience

Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week. Standard hours are 9.00 to 6.00 with the core hours being 10.00-16.00 Mon-Fri. You may occasionally be asked to work outside these hours if maintenance work is required that cannot be performed during working hours.

Skills and Experience:
* Strong knowledge and experience of Linux (esp. Debian/Ubuntu) systems administration.
* Experience of IP network routing and firewalling, VLANs
* Configuration management (ansible) and version control (git)
* Ruby and Ruby on Rails advantageous
* Motivated team player - you will need to work independently but keep others aware of your work

## Other Positions

We are also hiring Linux Kernel Engineers and System & Software Engineers - for more details please see http://www.codethink.co.uk/join-us.html

## Application process

To apply, please send your CV (preferably two pages or fewer) by email to address@hidden

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Page, Operations Team Manager, Senior Systems Engineer, Codethink Ltd
Telephone: +44 7762 840 414                  302 Ducie House, Ducie Street