[Fsuk-manchester] Investigatory Powers Bill could harm your company, cli

From: Tom Chiverton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Investigatory Powers Bill could harm your company, clients (event in Manchester, Dec 16th)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 18:35:12 +0000

Lots of your will work in the IT sector, and hopefully have heard the
government's 'Investigatory Powers Billl' (#ipbill aka the Snoopers Charter) ?

This plan will drive up costs for business who provide or facilitate Internet
access, and broadband prices for you as a user, as well as ending security
research and open source software in this country (The Guardian) :
http://bit.ly/1NqNrYc

It's not enough to know that it can't work:
https://boingboing.net/2015/11/26/devastating-technical-rebuttal.html
you need to go and explain to your local MP, in person if you can, why it's
such a bad idea, or we'll be stuck with dealing with the fall out.

The local Open Rights Group is running an event to give you all the tools you
need to do that, as well as hear from people who have managed to do it so far.

We'd love you to come along on the 16th, Room BR G.16 at MMU Birley Campus (53
Bonsall St, M15 6GX).

It'd be good to know how many people to expect (but you can just turn up), so
if you wouldn't mind ticking a box here it'd be a good help:
www.meetup.com/ORG-Manchester/events/227021928/
--
Tom
Open Rights Group Manchester