[Fsuk-manchester] Debian Keysigning in manchester UK.

From: peter green
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Debian Keysigning in manchester UK.
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:57:30 +0100

Debian recently announced that they were going to get rid of keys under 2048 bit from the Debian keyrings at the end of the year.

I've looked through the Debian keysigning offers and need lists and wonder if it's worth setting up a keysigning meeting in Manchester (I know manchester free software recently had some keysigning but afaict it was not advertised in the Debian community).

On the "need" list we have one person who lists themselves twice in knutsford (46 minuites from manchester) and stoke-on-trent (~40 minuites from mancheser).

On the "offers" list we have three listed as manchester (excluding myself), one listed as preston (40-50 minuites from manchester) and one listed as liverpool (~50 minuites from manchester)

I personally have sufficient signatures on my key but it would be nice to have a few more. I live somewhere in the manchester conurbation (won't say exactly where) and work in the center of manchester. When meeting people for the first time i'd preffer it to be at an existing linux related event, meeting people for the first time in a pub doesn't appeal to me. I'm personaly a regular at manchester raspberry jam and an occasional attendee (i'll go depending on the topic) at the manchester free software meetings.

I'm putting this on -private because that seems to be where most keysigning related mail goes and because while nothing in this initial mail is private responses may become private. Note that fsuk-manchester is a public list so if anything in a response is private you should remove it from cc.