[Fsuk-manchester] Protect your medical records : practical steps

From: Tom Chiverton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Protect your medical records : practical steps
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:17:15 +0000

Hi all,

On Tuesday the Open Rights Group are holding a two hour session to help you
protect your GP records from the governments care.data scheme.
This will be upstairs in the Town Hall Tavern in Manchester city centre from
7pm.

As well as everything you need to protect yourself, we'll also be able to make
sure that the records of any dependants (people you care for, or your children)
are protected as well. As the scandal around the government failing to
correctly protect your private records increases, these are important steps for
everyone to be taking. Unless you get the right form from your GP, and some GPs
are better than others, your children might not be protected.

If you were not able to attend our talk last week on the care.data plans we'll
also able to bring you up to speed with what is going on, what's already gone
wrong, and what we are doing to stop it in future.

More information on care.data is also available from :
http://medconfidential.org/about/

If you need them, the details for the event are also at
http://www.meetup.com/ORG-Manchester/events/165395272/
--
Tom Chiverton
War is peace. Ignorance is strength.