Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Digital freedom

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Digital freedom
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:20:27 +0000

On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 18:27 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
> Your ideas are great. I share everything you point out. Would you guys
> be available to speak in a videoconference with Ecuadorian government
> officials? Since I understand this was constructed as a group, it would
> be nice to have all proponents during this videoconference.

Hi Quiliro,

I should clarify that this document is nothing to do with Manchester
Free Software (MFS).  I wrote it as the "about" page for a group that I
was thinking of starting.  I presented it here solely to stimulate
discussion and thoughts, particularly about MFS's activities.  MFS is
focused on promoting the free software philosophy.  MFS is not a digital
freedom group.  In fact, I know of no digital freedom groups that exist.

Regarding government officials, speaking only for myself, I'm afraid
that the concept of the nation state is one that I am strongly opposed
to.  I would not willingly engage with national government officials as
doing so would constitute implicit validation of that government.

Regards,

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>