Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Cookies policy of Manchester City Council's websit

From: Yuwei Lin
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Cookies policy of Manchester City Council's website
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:01:56 +0100

Many thanks for your very helpful and informative feedback, all! I now
have a better idea about what cookies is about.

While I appreciate that Mcr city council needs to address EU's
mandate, which IMHO is not necessarily a bad regulation from a
perspective of awareness-raising and acquiring informed consent, Mcr
City Council's website still appears to be unfriendly to me, from the
usability perspective. I would have liked the pop-up notice to be
worded in a less strict tone. That would have achieved its educational
as well as technical goals better, I think. Perhaps they should take
the content from this thread and season it with some humour...

Cheers.

Best wishes,
Yuwei