Re: [Fsuk-manchester] The free software movement's dilemma

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] The free software movement's dilemma
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 23:21:19 +0000

On 22/03/13 21:41, Tim Dobson wrote:
Example 3: Coding as standard for schools.
In the UK we've seen massive boosts in young people coding - there's a
massive push to get young people not just to be passive consumers but to
be creators. This is the proverbial, "everyone plays games, but only a
few people know how to make them" or "everyone uses apps on their phone,
but how can you personally make one?". With the rPi and all that that
brings, we have free software, for the first time ever, being pushed
into the hands of school children. This is tremendous news - and a
massive opportunity. How can we communicate better about this?

Find someway you're happy to watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wVn1TqUfZjc#!

oops, it seems like I meant this link actually:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIu9yen5nc