Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:11:25 +0000

On 2013-03-06 08:00, MJ Ray wrote:
Bob Ham <address@hidden>
On 2013-03-04 15:43, MJ Ray wrote:
> Bob Ham <address@hidden>
>> In section 6.4.1 of the Installation Guide is the following:
>> "Tarballs and zip files containing current packages for the most
>> common
>> firmware are available from:
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/

> what's the bug here or what's a possible fix?

A possible fix would be to remove the non-free firmware files from the
.zip/.tar.gz archive files pointed to by that URL and then relocate
those archive files to a different directory on cdimage.debian.org,
outside of cdimage/unofficial/non-free.

Sorry, I'm really not seeing what bug exists in the original location

The bug is that the documentation contains instructions on installing non-free firmware. The non-free firmware is contained within the .zip/.tar.gz archive files at that location.

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }