Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day: Hunt for Skype alternatives
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:25:17 +0100

Otto Kekäläinen <address@hidden>
> 2012/9/13 Torsten Grote <address@hidden>:
> > On Thursday 13 September 2012 14:55:50 Sam Tuke wrote:
> >> We'll be testing out a variety of applications, including Pidgin, Empathy,
> >> and Kopete.
> >
> > Don't forget to evaluate Jitsi. It works quite well for me.
>
> +1 for https://jitsi.org/

Jitsi worked for me over XMPP.  I also use linphone quite a lot,
although the two programs require different (incompatible AFAIK)
features from a SIP server.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing Saturday and my new internet
connection is still sorting itself out... but good luck to you
and please let us know your findings via address@hidden

Regards,