Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 62, Issue 4

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 62, Issue 4
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:47:40 +0100

On Sunday 05 Aug 2012 10:35:39 Andrew gladwell wrote:

> If you refuse to take part in democracy by not voting Dan, you can hardly
> complain when the government makes decisions you don't like.
>
> I suggest you save up and purchase your own island. Then you can be fully
> responsible for every decision that affects you.  In the mean time you
> could set up your own political party.

I'm sure we don't want to descend into an argument about party politics on
this list, particularly when the philosophy of free software is compatible
with everything from Marxism (the control of the "means of production" is in
the hands of the user) to Hayekian free-market capitalism (players in the
software market have full information i.e. source).

Cheers,

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>