Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [FSFE-Manc] RMS on BBC re: valve on ubuntu

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [FSFE-Manc] RMS on BBC re: valve on ubuntu
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 13:27:34 +0100

On Tuesday 31 Jul 2012 20:22:16 Anna Morris wrote:
> I am not a gamer though - any thoughts?

My feeling is the same as Richard's - it's a mixed blessing, and while it will
probably bring more users to GNU/Linux, they'll come for the wrong reasons,
and be less likely to use and support Free Software games.

Canonical is making Ubuntu more proprietary year by year. As they make little
effort to educate users about Freedom, yet are increasingly pushing proprietary
software over Free software, it could be merely a matter of time before the
average Ubuntu user is as unaware of freedom as the average Windows user.

Best,

Sam.
--
Sam Tuke